For general information about skin cancer, please see Related Links.
The Skin Cancer Prevention Progress Report summarizes recent prevention efforts and highlights new data, developments, and success stories following the Call to Action.
- Promising Practices Brief: Reducing Indoor Tanning Among Minors
- Indoor Tanning Restrictions for Minors: A State-by-State Comparison (National Conference of State Legislatures)
- Model policies for public shade from Australia [PDF-140KB] (SunSmart) and Toronto, Canada (City of Toronto)
Businesses and Employers
- Protect Your Workers from Skin Cancer fact sheet [PDF-757KB]
- Protect Your Visitors and Fellow Staff Members from Skin Cancer fact sheet [PDF-1.1MB]
- Position Statement: Sun Protection in the Workplace [PDF-56KB] (Cancer Council Australia)
- Draft a Policy Tool for Employers (SunSafe Colorado)
Health Care Systems, Insurers, and Clinicians
- Screening for Skin Cancer (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force)
- Preventing Skin Cancer: Findings of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services on Reducing Exposure to Ultraviolet Light
- Cancer Prevention and Control (Guide to Community Preventive Services)
- Behavioral Counseling to Prevent Skin Cancer (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force)
Early Learning Centers, Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Protect Your Students from Skin Cancer fact sheet [PDF-4.7MB]
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SunWise program teaches children and their caregivers how to protect themselves from overexposure to the sun.
- Shade Planning for America’s Schools [PDF-1.2MB] (CDC)
- Draft a Policy Tool for Schools (SunSafe Colorado)
Community, Non-Profit, and Faith-Based Organizations
- Protect Your Family and Yourself from Skin Cancer fact sheet[PDF-860KB]
- Shade Audit Tool (SunSmart)
- Search the Research-tested Intervention Programs Web site for skin cancer prevention programs that work