Registry Plus™ Download Utility Programs
NorthCon18.exe Record Converter: NAACCR 16 to NAACCR 18
(Second release, version 126.96.36.199, build date April 5, 2019)
NorthCon18.exe, a freestanding program for Microsoft® Windows®, converts files of cancer registry records from NAACCR 16 to NAACCR 18, which are data formats prescribed by the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR). Input files should conform to NAACCR version 16. Converted output files will contain records in the NAACCR 18 record layout. See the program’s online help for usage instructions.
Note: v16 edits should be run and errors corrected prior to running the conversion.
NorthCon18.exe uses a dynamic link library (DLL), nconv180.dll. The setup package available here contains the latest public releases.
- Nconv180.dll is a programmers’ library that contains several functions to perform record-by-record conversion when called by NorthCon18.exe or other programs. This is the same conversion DLL used by other Registry Plus software.
The setup package contains a description of the application program interface and instructions for running the software.
- Download the latest version of NorthCon, Northcon180_installer_04_18_19.zip (zip file, 607 KB, April 18, 2019) to your computer.
- Unzip the file and run setup.exe to install the software. This program will install NorthCon18 without disturbing previous versions of Northcon.
If you need just the DLLs to perform conversion with a program other than NorthCon18.exe, just copy them from the same directory where you install NorthCon18.exe.
- April 18, 2019: Second release.
Converting Previous Versions
The following older versions of the Northcon Executable Record Converter convert older NAACCR data files to more current NAACCR versions—
- Northcon160_1.1.1 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 15.0 to NAACCR 16.0: Download setup_northcon160_1.1.1.exe (March 4, 2016, .6 MB)
- Northcon150_1.1.1 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 14.0 to NAACCR 15.0: Download setup_northcon150_1.1.1.exe (March 17, 2015, 1.6 MB)
- Northcon140_1.0.2 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 13.0 to NAACCR 14.0: Download setup_northcon140_1.0.2.exe (March 18, 2014, 1.4 MB)
- Northcon130_1.0.2 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.2 to NAACCR 13.0: Download setup_northcon130_1.0.2.exe (April 8, 2013, 1.3 MB)
- Northcon122_1.0.0 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.1 to NAACCR 12.2: Download setup_northcon122_1.0.0.exe (December 12, 2011, 1.4 MB)
- Northcon121_1.0.3 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.0 to NAACCR 12.1: Download setup_northcon121_1.0.3.exe (September 15, 2011, 1 MB)
- Northcon12_1.0.3.exe Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 11.x to NAACCR 12.0: Download setup_northcon12_1.0.3.exe (January 11, 2012, 917 KB)
CDC is committed to providing resources that are accessible to people of all abilities. If you find that any of our information products, including what you see on this site, are not in compliance with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), please contact us by e-mail or phone at 1 (800) 232-4636 or TTY at (888) 232-6348. When you contact us, please refer to the specific information found to be non-compliant. This will help us address the issue more quickly.