Registry Plus™ Download Utility Programs
Northcon160.exe Record Converter: NAACCR 15 to NAACCR 16
(first release, version 1.1.1, build date March 4, 2016)
Northcon160.exe, a freestanding program for Microsoft® Windows®, converts files of cancer registry records from NAACCR 15 to NAACCR 16, which are data formats prescribed by the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR). Input files should conform to NAACCR version 15. Converted output files will contain records in the NAACCR 16 record layout. See the program’s online help for usage instructions.
Note: v15 edits should be run and errors corrected prior to running the conversion.
As of version 160, Northcon no longer supports derivation of Collaborative Stage, and the function that supports Collaborative Stage derivation has been dropped.
The option to convert TNM data items for cases diagnosed before 2016 has been added to version 160. This option excludes TNM Clin Staged By and TNM Path Staged By, which will always be converted.
API users should review the API documentation, as some functions and function parameters have changed.
Northcon160.exe uses two dynamic link libraries (DLL): nconv160.dll and rpnaaccr.dll. The setup package available here contains the latest public releases.
- Nconv160.dll is a programmers’ library that contains several functions to perform record-by-record conversion when called by Northcon160.exe or other programs. This is the same conversion DLL used by other Registry Plus software.
- Rpnaaccr.dll is used to identify characteristics of the files being submitted to Northcon160.exe for processing.
The setup package contains a C/C++ header file and link library for programmers as well as a description of the application program interface and source code for a sample program using nconv160.dll.
- Download the latest version of Northcon160.exe, setup_Northcon160_1.1.1.exe (executable file, .6 MB, March 4, 2016) to your computer. This program will install Northcon160 without disturbing previous versions.
- Run the program to install the software.
If you need just the DLLs to perform conversion with a program other than Northcon160.exe, just copy them from the same directory where you install Northcon160.exe.
- March 14, 2016: Initial release.
Converting Previous Versions
The following older versions of the Northcon Executable Record Converter convert older NAACCR data files to more current NAACCR versions—
- Northcon150_1.1.1 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 14.0 to NAACCR 15.0: Download setup_northcon150_1.1.1.exe (March 17, 2015, 1.6 MB)
- Northcon140_1.0.2 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 13.0 to NAACCR 14.0: Download setup_northcon140_1.0.2.exe (March 18, 2014, 1.4 MB)
- Northcon130_1.0.2 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.2 to NAACCR 13.0: Download setup_northcon130_1.0.2.exe (April 8, 2013, 1.3 MB)
- Northcon122_1.0.0 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.1 to NAACCR 12.2: Download setup_northcon122_1.0.0.exe (December 12, 2011, 1.4 MB)
- Northcon121_1.0.3 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.0 to NAACCR 12.1: Download setup_northcon121_1.0.3.exe (September 15, 2011, 1 MB)
- Northcon12_1.0.3.exe Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 11.x to NAACCR 12.0: Download setup_northcon12_1.0.3.exe (January 11, 2012, 917 KB)
Recnizer File Identifier
Recnizer is a Utility Program used to identify files of cancer registry abstracts in formats prescribed by NAACCR. It is useful in quickly determining the characteristics of files that are received from an outside source. The utility can be used to test files for validity that have caused unexplained problems for other software.
Download the latest version of Recnizer, setup_recnizer_1.1.6.exe (executable file, 353 KB, March 14, 2016) to your computer. Run the setup program to install the software.
- May 17, 2011: This revision is updated from previous releases in that it will recognize NAACCR version 12.1 data layouts.
- August 22, 2011: Updated to identify additional file types.
- September 15, 2014: Updated to identify NAACCR 14 and NAACCR 15 file types.
- March 14, 2016: Updated to identify NAACCR 16 file types.
CDC is committed to providing resources that are accessible to people of all abilities. If you find that any of our information products, including what you see on this site, are not in compliance with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), please contact us by e-mail or phone at 1 (800) 232-4636 or TTY at (888) 232-6348. When you contact us, please refer to the specific information found to be non-compliant. This will help us address the issue more quickly.