Hardware and Software Requirements
EditWriter 5 and GenEDITS Plus 5.1 are based on Microsoft® Windows® versions XP and subsequent. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the operating system used. If your computer runs Windows satisfactorily, it should do well with these programs.
The Edit Engine is provided for Microsoft Windows as a dynamic link library (EDITS51.dll).
EditWriter 5, GenEDITS Plus 5.1, and the Edit Engine are published for Microsoft Windows in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Metafiles are portable SQLite databases. A custom metafile is created using EditWriter and distributed for use by editing software such as GenEDITS Plus 5.1.
Please download the latest metafiles from—
- The North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR).external icon
- National Cancer Data Base (NCDB).external icon
Installation EditWriter 5 and the Edit Engine
Download EditWriter 5—
- 32-bit version setup_ew5_32bit_2017Aug15.exe (executable file size 15.5MB)
- 64-bit version setup_ew5_64bit_2017Aug15.exe (executable file size 16.8MB)
The download includes—
- Release notes.
- Context-sensitive user help file.
- The Edit Engine and programmer documentation.
- CStage0205.dll (for running Collaborative Stage edits).
- A tool for viewing and querying SQLite metafiles provided as an aid to programmers (MetafileBrowser and Metafile_Browser.chm).
- Configuration files for generating reports as Microsoft Word and XML/XHTML documents.
Installation Instructions for GenEDITS Plus 5.1
Download GenEDITS Plus (Release Date: November 2, 2020): setup_geplus5_32bit_02Nov2020.zip (compressed file, 45.8 MB)
Unzip and double-click on setup.exe to begin the setup program. Instructions for using GenEDITS Plus are in the Help document installed with the program.
GenEDITS Plus 5.1 Release Notes
- GenEDITS Plus 5.1 was developed in .NET and requires version 4.5.2 of the .NET framework. If you do not already have the .NET framework installed, contact your local IT staff for support.
- GenEDITS Plus 5.1 can run edits on NAACCR Version 21 XML files and offers the latest NAACCR Version 21 metafile (NAACCR Version 18 is also supported in GenEDITS Plus 5.1).
- Configuration files created by older versions of GenEDITS are not compatible with GenEDITS Plus 5.1. When upgrading, the user must recreate the configurations in GenEDITS Plus 5.1.
- Includes an updated ExchangePlus.dll (improves processing of user defined fields).
- Integration with EditEngine v5. (EDITS51.dll), leading to improved performance.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) support for managing multiple configurations simultaneously.
- Quick access to user configuration properties and report setup options.
- Expanded features for configurations – comments, display names, and imported/exported configurations.
- Expanded functionality for interacting with edits – viewing edit properties and testing edits.
The base dictionaries preloaded into GenEDITS Plus were final at the time of release and are subject to change over time. Base dictionaries can be replaced in the GenEDITS Plus Data Dictionary folder. Please check the NAACCR website for the latest base dictionaries and replace the dictionaries in the Data Dictionary folder as needed.
For best results, use this application locally when working with large datafiles.
Use of network folders, especially with large files, may diminish application performance and stability.
If using Citrix environment to connect to a computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance.
For technical support via e-mail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.