Signs and Symptoms
Brucellosis can cause of range of signs and symptoms, some of which may present for prolonged periods of time.
Initial symptoms can include:
- pain in muscles, joint, and/or back
Some signs and symptoms may persist for longer periods of time. Others may never go away or reoccur.
These can include:
- recurrent fevers
- swelling of the testicle and scrotum area
- swelling of the heart (endocarditis)
- neurologic symptoms (in up to 5% of all cases)
- chronic fatigue
- swelling of the liver and/or spleen
- Page last reviewed: November 12, 2012
- Page last updated: November 12, 2012
- Content source: