Where to Find Information on Parasitic Diseases
Finding reliable information on parasitic diseases or parasites can sometimes be difficult if you don’t know where to look. Here some are suggestions.
- Use the Internet, but realize that not all information is reliable. The following sites may be helpful.
- Visit your local college or university library. Consider search topics such as "tropical diseases," "parasitic diseases," or "infectious diseases." School textbooks or medical/veterinary textbooks will often have all the information you need for your project, including the following:
- historical background of the disease
- description of signs and symptoms
- how a diagnosis of the disease is made
- treatment for the disease
- life cycle of the disease (how disease is spread)
- occurrence data (if available)
- Visit your local bookstore. Health-related books often provide information on parasitic diseases.