Program Evaluation Reports (PERs) and Program Evaluation Plans (PEPs)
NIOSH is committed to applying the best available science in dose reconstructions. In keeping with this commitment, completed cases with probabilities of causation less than 50% are reviewed as relevant new information becomes available. The results of these reviews are described in a Program Evaluation Report (PER). The PER details the effect, if any, of the new information on the completed dose reconstruction. If it appears that the new information may result in an increase in dose for a completed dose reconstruction with a probability of causation of less than 50%, NIOSH is committed to working with the Department of Labor to reopen and rework the dose reconstruction, as appropriate. A Program Evaluation Plan (PEP) describes plans for evaluating specific program details or issues.
At the current time, no PERs or PEPs specific to Mathieson Chemical Co. have been developed. However, we have developed PERs and PEPs that pertain to multiple sites. To view all PERs and PEPs that have been developed, please refer to the Program Evaluation Reports (PERs) and Program Evaluation Plans (PEPs) page.
Top of Page
Worker Outreach Activities
Based on a recommendation from the Advisory Board to provide workers and site experts with opportunities to participate in developing the technical documents used in dose reconstruction, NIOSH established a Worker Outreach Program.
At Worker Outreach Meetings, current and former DOE and AWE employees have opportunities to obtain information about Site Profiles, Technical Basis Documents, and Technical Information Bulletins, and to provide information for consideration and possible use in dose reconstruction. This process is valuable to ensure that the technical documents used in dose reconstruction contain correct and useful information.
Below are the Worker Outreach Activities for Mathieson Chemical Co.:
At the current time, worker outreach activities have not been scheduled.
Top of Page
Comments on Mathieson Chemical Co. Documents
How to Submit Comments
Comments on Mathieson Chemical Co. documents can be submitted to the NIOSH Docket Officer electronically by e-mail at NIOCINDOCKET@cdc.gov or
printed comments can be mailed to NIOSH Docket Office, Robert A. Taft Laboratories, MS-C34, 1090 Tusculum Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45226. Please include
the Site Profile/Docket Number (239) on all comments.
At this time, no comments have been submitted on Mathieson Chemical Co. documents.
Top of Page
Special Exposure Cohort Petition Information for Mathieson Chemical Co.
- Class Not Added to the SEC
- Mathieson Chemical Co., Pasadena Texas -- On March 18, 2011, a Federal Register Notice was published announcing that a Mathieson Chemical Co. SEC Petition met the minimum qualifications for review and evaluation. On May 26, 2011, the Department of Energy (DOE) published a Federal Register Notice that de-listed Mathieson Chemical Co. as an AWE facility (DOE is granted authority to designate and amend the covered facilities of EEOICPA). Based on the DOE determination that Mathieson Chemical Co. is not a covered facility under EEOICPA, the SEC class that previously qualified no longer meets the minimum requirements for review and evaluation. The petition has been closed and no further action on the petition will occur.
DOE Notice of Revision to the List of Covered Facilities
PDF 36 KB (1 page)
- Petition Information: Mathieson Chemical Co.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Job Titles and/or Job Duties: All employees
Period of Employment: 1951 through October 2009
- Federal Register Notice Announcing that a
Mathieson Chemical Co. SEC Petition has met the Minimum Qualifications
for Review and Evaluation
March 18, 2011
PDF 59 KB (2 pages)
- Copy of the Petition Received
Copy of the Mathieson Chemical Co. SEC petition form received (1951 through October 2009)
(January 24, 2011)
PDF 160 KB (7 pages)
Top of Page