NIOSH established the Division of Compensation Analysis and Support (DCAS)* to assist with implementing a program created by the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act of 2000 (EEOICPA or The Act) which provides compensation and medical benefits for nuclear weapons workers who may have developed certain work-related illnesses. DCAS works closely with the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Labor (DOL), and the Department of Justice (DOJ).
*Formerly known as the NIOSH Office of Compensation Analysis and Support (OCAS)
- Developing scientific guidelines for determining whether a worker's cancer is related to the worker's occupational exposure to radiation (Probability of Causation).
- Developing methods to estimate worker exposure to radiation (Dose Reconstruction).
- Using the dose reconstruction regulation [ PDF 129 KB (23 pages)] to develop estimates of radiation dose for workers who have applied for compensation.
- Establishing a process by which classes of workers can be considered for inclusion in a Special Exposure Cohort (SEC).
- Providing staff support for an independent Advisory Board that will (1)
advise on the methods, guidelines, and the program mentioned above, and (2) make recommendations to Health and Human Services (HHS) on petitions by
classes of workers to be designated as members of the special exposure cohort.
Top of Page
NIOSH Policy Statement: Conflict or Bias
This document is a Statement of Policy by NIOSH about potential or actual conflicts or biases (COBs) of those persons or entities carrying out responsibilities for the NIOSH Dose Reconstruction Program.
Implementing Procedures for the
NIOSH Policy on the Appearance of Bias for the EEOICPA Program &
General Conflict of Interest Requirements
PDF 268 KB (21 pages)
Written comments are welcome and can be submitted to NIOSH electronically by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or printed comments can be mailed to DCAS, Robert A. Taft Laboratories, MS-C45, 4676 Columbia Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45226.
Top of Page
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Current Status of Cases
We have Program Specialists (formerly known as Public Health Advisors-PHAs) available to
provide you with the current status of your case.
Please contact the appropriate Program Specialist based on
the Department of Labor District Office where you
filed your claim.
Jacksonville, Florida District Office: 1-513-533-8425
Cleveland, Ohio District Office: 1-513-533-8423
Denver, Colorado District Office: 1-513-533-8426
Seattle, Washington District Office 1-513-533-8424
or the NIOSH toll-free number: 1-877-222-7570
- Fax: 404-929-2650
Top of Page