CDC, AARP and AMA to Announce New Resource to Help Achieve Broader Coverage of Preventive Services for U.S. Adults Age 50 to 64
For Immediate Release: November 16, 2009
Contact: CDC Media Relations, (404) 639-3286
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in partnership with AARP, the American Medical Association (AMA), and the Gerontological Society of America (GSA), will host a press conference to announce a new report titled, "Promoting Preventive Services for Adults 50-64: Community and Clinical Partnerships," at GSA’s 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. The new report, jointly developed by CDC, AARP, AMA, and nine partner organizations, includes:
- A core set of 14 recommended preventive services such as influenza vaccination, cholesterol screening, breast and cervical cancer screening, and binge drinking.
- Successful strategies to promote, facilitate, and deliver preventive services in communities.
- National summary and state-by-state data to monitor progress in the delivery of services to Americans ages 50-64.
- “Calls to Action” highlighting existing gaps, barriers, and opportunities to deliver multiple preventive services.
William Hall, M.D., Board of Directors, AARP
Matthew T. McKenna, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Director for Medical Affairs, National Center for
Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC
Edward L. Langston, M.D., Board of Trustees, American Medical Association
11:30 a.m., Thursday, November 19, 2009 (Box lunch to be provided, please RSVP attendance).
Hilton Atlanta Hotel, 255 Courtland Street, NE, Atlanta, Georgia – Room 212
Media who cannot attend in person can listen and ask questions by toll-free conference line. Please dial in 5-10 minutes before the start of the conference. Participant Dial-in Numbers:
U.S. Toll Free: 888-299-4099
Canadian Toll Free: 866-682-1172
International Toll: 302-709-8337
For more information, please contact Llelwyn Grant, CDC Division of Media Relations, at 404-639-3286 or by email at email@example.com. To obtain information about GSA’s scientific meeting, visit http://www.geron.org/am or contact Todd Kluss, Communications Manager, GSA, at 202-587-2839 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Historical Document: November 16, 2009
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Links to non-governmental sites do not necessarily represent the views of the CDC.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO