CDC Media Advisory
Union of Concerned Scientists Report on Media Relations
For Immediate Release: October 17, 2008
Contact: CDC Division of Media Relations (404) 639-3286
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is one of 15 federal agencies included in a new report by the Union of Concerned Scientists about media relations′ policies at federal agencies. CDC received high marks for having a well written and thorough policy when it comes to communicating scientific information to the public through the news media. The report also suggests that the agency work to improve putting the policy into practice (as perceived by the scientists it affects).
The full report can be found at http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/abuses_of_science/freedomtospeak.html.
- Page last reviewed: October 17, 2008
- Page last updated: October 17, 2008
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Links to non-governmental sites do not necessarily represent the views of the CDC.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO