Doffing PPE: Remove and Discard Outer Gloves
If you are unable to access the video on YouTube please down load the video. Due to the large size of the video file, it may take a few minutes to download.
Guidance on Personal Protective Equipment
In this example, the boots are under the coverall and are being removed later in the sequence. However, depending on the PPE used at your institution, the boots or shoe covers may be removed at this point in the sequence or later on in the sequence.
- Now it's time to remove the outer gloves. There are two very important things to remember:
- First, pay special attention so that you don't contaminate or tear the inner glove.
- Second, don't snap the gloves which could cause spray.
Hold one of your wrists so that your thumb points up. Pinch that glove and lift at the wrist, then roll it down until the glove is completely off your hand in a ball in the palm of the other hand. Then, slide a finger down and inside the outer glove on the other hand and pull it off until it's balled around the first glove. Dispose of the gloves.
- Page last reviewed: October 29, 2014
- Page last updated: October 29, 2014
- Content source: