ACIP Meeting Information
The ACIP holds three meetings each year at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia to review scientific data and vote on vaccine recommendations. Meetings are open to the public and available online via live webcast.
In order to attend the ACIP meeting, in person, at CDC’s Clifton Road campus, ACIP attendees (participants and visitors) must register online. Registration is not necessary to listen to the meeting via phone or live meeting. The week prior to the meeting you will receive a placard for your vehicle (parking tag) and instructions for navigating the secure CDC environment to attend the ACIP meeting.
New procedures for public comment are being implemented for the February 2019 meeting, please see public comment tab above for more information.
Registration for the February 27-28, 2019 ACIP Meeting has reached capacity of the available meeting space. Registration for in-person attendance at the meeting has closed.
Tom Harkin Global Communication Center
(Building 19), Room 232
Kent “Oz” Nelson Auditorium
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30329-4027
Registration is NOT required to watch the live meeting webcast.
Rules of Conduct for ACIP Meetings
- An interested person who wishes to make an oral public comment during an ACIP meeting should submit a request with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) before the meeting according to the instructions in the Federal Register Notice. Those who have not submitted a request before the meeting will only have an opportunity to speak as time permits or at the discretion of the Chair.
- Audience members may not present comments or questions to the Committee unless recognized by the Chair.
- Attendees may be subject to security screening, such as presenting identification, passing through metal detectors, and inspection of briefcases, packages, and so on.
- Attendees at the meeting are asked to maintain order and not display behavior that is disruptive to the meeting.
- The ACIP Chair or Designated Federal Officer will note on the record any disruptive behavior and will ask the person to cease the behavior or else leave the meeting room.
- We ask that attendees not approach the ACIP table area before, during, or after the meeting without permission from a Designated Federal Officer/Executive Secretary.
Public engagement and input are vital to ACIP’s work. Members of the public are invited to submit comments to ACIP in two ways: (1) written comments submitted via regulations.gov, and/or (2) in-person oral public comment at ACIP meetings.
How to Submit a Written Public Comment
Any member of the public can submit a written public comment to ACIP. Written comments will be accepted up to 48 hours following the end of the ACIP Meeting. You may submit comments for the February 2019 ACIP meeting, identified by Docket No. CDC-2019-0002, using the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. All submissions received must include the agency name and Docket Number.
All relevant comments received will be posted without change to http://regulations.gov, including any personal information provided. For access to the docket or to read background documents or comments received, go to http://www.regulations.gov. Comments submitted by 72 hours before the meeting will be made available to ACIP members in advance of the meeting. Comments will be accepted through March 2, 2019.
How to Request to Make an Oral Public Comment
The February 2019 ACIP meeting will include one 75-minute session for oral public comment for members of the public. The oral public comment session will occur on the afternoon of February 27, 2019 near the end of the day and before any scheduled votes.
The period to submit a request to make an oral public at the February ACIP meeting has closed. Priority will be given to individuals who submitted a timely request to make an oral public comment in advance of the meeting. Due to the high number of requests for oral public comment submitted for the February 2019 meeting, on-site, in-person registration for oral public comment will not be available.
- February 27-28
- June 26-27
- October 23-24
- February 26-27
- June 24-25
- October 28-29
- Feb 24-25
- June 23-24
- October 20-21
- February 23-24
- June 22-23
- October 19-20
- February 27-28, 2019 [2 pages] Draft February 11, 2019
- October 24-25, 2018 [2 pages]
- June 20-21, 2018 [2 pages]
- Archive of Meeting Agendas
ACIP meeting minutes are posted on the website within 90 days of the meeting date.
- June 2018 ACIP Minutes [2.26 MB, 155 pages] October 23, 2018
- February 2018 ACIP Minutes [3.03 MB, 194 pages]
- October 2017 ACIP minutes [17.3MB, 238 pages]
- Archive of Meeting Minutes
Note: Requests for meeting minute files prior to the ones currently posted may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACIP Live Meeting Archives:
ACIP past meeting presentations:
Note: Requests for slide presentation files prior to the ones currently posted may be sent to email@example.com
- Page last reviewed: October 23, 2018
- Page last updated: February 14, 2019
- Content source: