Resources for Health Care Providers
HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers online training is now available on CDC Train! There are three different versions offered for clinicians, school health providers, (e.g. school nurses), and other allied health professionals. Sign up today and earn 2.0 Continuing Education Credits through the American Academy of Pediatrics.
HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers is a free online training developed by CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The goal of the training is to provide an overview of the evidence-based recommendations outlined in the CDC Pediatric mTBI Guideline and to equip healthcare providers with practical strategies to integrate these recommendations into clinical practice.
Free CME, CNE and CEU credits.
- Answering Questions about CTE (HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers)
- Updated Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Guidelines for Adults
- CDC Workgroup to Improve Clinical Care of Youth with Mild TBI
- Acute Concussion Evaluation (ACE) Forms (HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers)
- Concussion in Sports Palm Card (HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers)
- Managing Return to Activities (HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers)
- Answering Questions about CTE [PDF – 152 KB] (HEADS UP)
- Acute Concussion Evaluation (ACE) Care Plans (HEADS UP to Healthcare Providers)
- Facts about Concussion and Brain Injury: Where to Get Help
- What to Expect after a Concussion – patient discharge instruction sheet [PDF – 347 KB]
- Lesión cerebral traumática leve y conmoción cerebral: Información para adultos [PDF – 489 KB]
- What to Expect after a Concussion – patient wallet card [PDF – 274 KB]