Where to Get Help

What to know

  • There are many organizations who can help you and your family as you recover from a brain injury.
  • The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services can help you locate a health center that provides no or low cost services.
  • If it is difficult to visit your doctor in person, ask about the availability of video or phone appointments.


Some groups that offer support for people living with a TBI, their family, caregivers, and loved ones, include:

Department of Health and Human Services

  • Find a Health Center: These health centers provide services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay and charge for services on a sliding fee scale.

Brain Injury Association of America

Concussion Legacy Foundation

National Association of State Head Injury Administrators

United States Brain Injury Alliance

Indian Health Service, Tribal or Urban Indian Health Program

Military Health System’s Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence

Administration for Community Living

The Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center has fact sheets, videos, and other materials for persons living with a TBI, their families, and caregivers.