ELI is paused for 2024. Please check back in Fall 2024 for updates to apply to ELI 2025.
ELI 2023 class in Atlanta
The CDC E-learning Institute (ELI) is designed to cultivate skills of public health training professionals with limited experience designing or developing e-learning products. Through partnership with the Public Health Foundation, ELI is a six-month online fellowship that offers access to CDC-developed materials and subject matter experts, as well as the opportunity to learn from peers in a positive, experiential environment. Fellows learn innovative strategies and get the hands-on experience needed to create quality e-learning products.
- Achieve competency in instructional design and e-learning best practices
- Interact with public health e-learning mentors
- Collaborate and network with public health training professionals in federal, state, local, tribal, academic, or hospital settings
- Develop a functional online training product in 6 months that is posted on TRAIN
Public Health Community Benefits
- Increase capacity of the public health workforce to create quality e-learning in a variety of settings
- Establish a connection to a community of practice for public health learning professionals
- Reduce travel costs for in-person training
- Increase learning opportunities for the public health workforce through TRAIN
Fellowship activities require approximately 2-3 hours per week for didactic learning and discussion; however, recent graduates reported spending up to 10 hours of personal time per week once starting design and development of the product. Attendance at one in-person meeting (tentatively late February/early March) is required, pending CDC travel and safety recommendations and any state or local government travel restrictions. Workload, upcoming travel, and previous commitments should be heavily considered before applying. Supervisory approval is required to participate.
Thanks to Our Mentors
We would like to thank the following organizations who currently or previously provided mentoring support to ELI. This fellowship would not be possible without you. Thank you.
- de Beaumont Foundation
- Emory University
- Full Tilt Ahead
- Georgia Department of Health
- The University of Iowa Public Health Training Center
- Tulane University Public Health Training Center
- US Department of Transportation
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services