Stay In Contact
Know how to inform family, friends, and caregivers of your well-being and whereabouts if your family is not together when a disaster strikes.
- Send text messages to your family, friends, and out-of-town contact. In many cases, text messages will go through when a phone call may not.
- Update your social media statuses and feeds with information about your location and well-being after an emergency.
- Limit your phone calls to only critical communications so you conserve battery life and keep the lines open for emergency communications.
- Record an outgoing voicemail greeting that includes information on your whereabouts and well-being.
- Go to the appropriate emergency meeting place listed in your Emergency Action Plan.
- Conserve your battery by reducing the screen’s brightness and closing apps you are not using.
- Page last reviewed: August 23, 2018, 09:20 AM
- Page last updated: August 23, 2018, 09:20 AM
- Content source: