What Are the Benefits of Joining PHAP?
The 2019 application period for PHAP candidates is now closed. The next application cycle will open in early 2020.
The Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) is a competitive, two-year paid training and service program that gives associates hands-on experience in public health.
Benefits of becoming a public health associate include—
- Recognition as an employee of CDC, the nation’s leading public health agency
- Salary, paid sick and vacation leave, health insurance, and access to a variety of support services and resources
- Unique field assignment that provides diverse public health experiences and the opportunity to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of public health service activities
- Valuable career skill development and on-the-job training to become well-rounded public health professionals
- Mentoring from a CDC professional who provides guidance and networking opportunities to help further your career
- Opportunities to work with world experts and access some of the best resources in public health
- A chance to make substantial contributions to public health
Each associate has a unique story to tell about his or her time in the program. Learn more about their experiences and impact by visiting the Experience PHAP section of our site.