What Are the Benefits of Joining PHAP?
The Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) is a competitive, two-year paid, competency-based training and service program that gives associates hands-on experience in public health.
There are many benefits to being a public health associate:
- Salary, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and access to a variety of support services and resources
- Learn more about benefits available to federal employeesexternal icon
- Valuable career skills development and on-the-job training
- Unique field assignments that provide diverse public health experiences and the opportunity to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of public health service activities
- Mentoring from a CDC employee who can offer career guidance and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to work with worldwide experts and access to some of the best resources in public health
- An opportunity to make substantial contributions to public health
- Recognition as an employee of CDC, the nation’s leading public health agency
Each associate has a unique story to tell about his or her time in the program. Learn more about their experiences and impact by visiting the Experience PHAP section of our site.