What Are the Benefits of Joining PHAP?
The Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) is a two-year training and service program that gives associates hands-on experience in public health.
Benefits of becoming a public health associate include—
- Recognition as an employee of CDC, the nation’s leading public health agency
- Salary, paid sick and vacation leave, health insurance, and access to a variety of support services and resources
- Unique field assignment that provides diverse public health experiences and the opportunity to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of public health service activities
- Valuable career skill development and on-the-job training to become well-rounded public health professionals
- Mentoring from a CDC professional who provides guidance and networking opportunities to help further your career
- Opportunities to work with world experts and access some of the best resources in public health
- A chance to make substantial contributions to public health
- Page last reviewed: January 30, 2017
- Page last updated: January 30, 2017
- Content source: