What Are the Benefits of Joining PHAP?
The 2020 application period for PHAP candidates is now closed. For questions about the status of your application click here to view the application timeline. The next application cycle will open in early 2021.
The Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) is a competitive, two-year paid, competency-based training and service program that gives associates hands-on experience in public health.
There are many benefits to being a public health associate:
- Salary, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and access to a variety of support services and resources
- Learn more about benefits available to federal employeesexternal icon
- Valuable career skills development and on-the-job training
- Unique field assignments that provide diverse public health experiences and the opportunity to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of public health service activities
- Mentoring from a CDC employee who can offer career guidance and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to work with worldwide experts and access to some of the best resources in public health
- An opportunity to make substantial contributions to public health
- Recognition as an employee of CDC, the nation’s leading public health agency
Each associate has a unique story to tell about his or her time in the program. Learn more about their experiences and impact by visiting the Experience PHAP section of our site.