Am I Eligible?
The 2021 application period for PHAP candidates is now closed.
The 2022 application cycle will open in early 2022.
PHAP is looking for US citizens, permanent residents, or US nationals with a keen interest in public health. Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, flexibility, social and cultural inclusiveness, and a desire to be of service.
Applicants must meet academic requirements—
- College graduation within the past 2 years
- US military veterans who are unable to apply within 2 years due to military service obligation have up to 6 years after graduation to apply
- Currently enrolled students must graduate by July 1 of the application year to be eligible
- Official academic transcripts showing at least a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on an eligible degree
Applicants must also be willing to—
- Commit to full-time work for 2 years
- Relocate anywhere in the United States and US territories at their own expense
- Work in a state, tribal, local, or territorial public health department, nongovernmental organization (community-based organization, public health institute or association, or academic institution), or CDC quarantine station