Technical Tips and Training
Welcome to the NSSP Technical Tips page, where you’ll find helpful tips, tricks, and training for working with BioSense Platform tools such as ESSENCE, Adminer, Access & Management Center, and R Studio Professional.
ESSENCE Tips and Training
- Free-text Coding Article Series—how to write ESSENCE free-text queries:
Part 1. Wildcards
Part 2. Underscores_and Brackets [ ]
Part 3. Inclusionary Terms
Part 4. Exclusion Terms and Parentheses
Part 5. A “Starter” Fall-related Injury Query and Examples of Complex Queries
Part 6. Wrapping Things Up
- ESSENCE Online Trainingexternal icon
Six self-paced modules instruct and assess your understanding of concepts being presented. Topics include overviews of ESSENCE, syndromic surveillance, basic and advanced ESSENCE system components, ESSENCE Chief Complaint Processor, and ESSENCE alerting algorithms. Learn how to perform routine tasks such as create queries and analyze data using multiple visualization types.
- ESSENCE Training on Using Queriesexternal icon, webinar led by Wayne Loschen of Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
- NSSP ESSENCE Training at PHI Conferencepdf icon
Master Facility Table Tips and Training
- NSSP’s Master Facility Table (MFT) Module Overviewexternal icon This webinar introduces the automated version of the MFT and its basic functionality.
Adminer Tips and Training
Access & Management Center Tips and Training
R Studio Professional Tips and Training