Onboarding is a collaborative process in which we work with your facility, health department, vendor for electronic health records (EHR), or health information exchange (HIE) to transmit syndromic surveillance data from internal medical record systems to the NSSP BioSense Platform. We ensure adherence to the Public Health Information Network by following the PHIN Syndromic Surveillance Message Guide. The result? A live data feed to the BioSense Platform.
We have compiled resources to help you navigate the process. The Onboarding Guide to the BioSense Platform will guide you step-by-step through planning and onboarding. Links to forms and templates are provided.
If you have questions or would like technical assistance, please contact the Service DeskExternal.
View / download by chapter
- Onboarding MethodologyCdc-pdf
- Data IntegrationCdc-pdf
- Data Security: CDC’s Authorization to OperateCdc-pdf
- Production Support: BioSense Platform Service DeskCdc-pdf
- Frequently Asked QuestionsCdc-pdf
- Master Facility Table (MFT) Data Reference GuideCdc-excel
This guide describes data elements and processing rules, provides SQL queries for locating data in facility and crosswalk tables, and summarizes information dropped when NSSP converted legagy data to the new data flow.
- Companion Guide to the BioSense Platform Master Facility TableCdc-pdf
- Glossary of NSSP Terms
- Data Elements of InterestCdc-pdf
List of data elements that are required to onboard to the BioSense Platform.
- Site ChecklistExternal
Site requirements for onboarding to the BioSense Platform. This version includes numerous links to the Onboarding Guide.
- Facility ChecklistExternal
Facility requirements for onboarding to the BioSense Platform. This version includes numerous links to the Onboarding Guide.
- Legacy Data Validation Template (completed example)Cdc-excel
Template for managing and evaluating data compliance with the PHIN Messaging Guide for Syndromic Surveillance.
Legacy form has been replaced. Contact NSSP Service Desk to access the new reports online.
- New Platform Data Validation Template (completed example)
Contact NSSP Service Desk to access online.
- Facility BOPACdc-pdf
Electronic fillable PDF to acknowledge having read about the BioSense Platform onboarding process. For facility use only.
- Site BOPACdc-pdf
Electronic fillable PDF to acknowledge having read about the BioSense Platform onboarding process. For site use only.
- Feed Profile TemplatesCdc-excel
Form for submitting contact information. Automated system alerts will be emailed to contacts if an issue needs to be investigated.