MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY AT WORK
Millions of workers drive or ride in a motor vehicle as part of their jobs. And, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of work-related deaths in the U.S. The type of company or job doesn’t matter — the risk is there.
The NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety (CMVS) provides research-based guidance to prevent motor vehicle crashes for:
- Truck drivers
- Drivers in other high-risk jobs (EMS, law enforcement, oil and gas extraction)
- Light-vehicle drivers (real estate, sales, health care)
How will you keep workers safe on the road?
Award-winning "Keep Workers Safe on the Road" Infographic
This infographic covers the human and economic impact of work-related crashes, making it a useful resource for HR or safety professionals to make a business case for a motor vehicle safety program. Download the infographic.
Animated Images (GIFs) Page
Use the animated images (GIFs) on our webpage to promote safe driving, on and off the job.
Subscribe to Behind the Wheel at Work
Enter your email address to receive research updates, links to motor vehicle safety resources, practical tips on workplace driving, and news about upcoming events.
- Page last reviewed: January 26, 2018
- Page last updated: July 19, 2018
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Safety Research