Mining Publication: Heat Stress: Understand Heat Stress Risk Factors, Prevention, and Treatment
Original creation date: February 2018
This poster discusses heat stress in industrial settings, emphasizes risks factors for heat illness, and makes recommendations for mitigating risks and responding to heat illness. Specifically, the poster includes sections on understanding risk factors for heat stress, staying hydrated, getting acclimatized to the heat, and applying first aid for heat illness.
Understanding heat stress can help you to stay safe while working in hot environments. Display this poster at your worksite to promote safe behaviors when working in the heat.
The poster is designed to be printed on 11" x 17" paper.
For more detailed information on heat stress in mining, check out our series of fact sheets.
Authors: T Victoroff, K Yeoman
- Advancement of Refuge Alternatives for Underground Coal Mines
- Heat Stress: A Series of Fact Sheets for Promoting Safe Work in Hot Mining Settings
- Knowing the Facts about Heat Stress in Mining
- Predicting Heat Strain in Metal and Nonmetal Mines
- Predicting Heat Strain in Underground Metal and Nonmetal Miners
- Prediction of Human Core Temperature Rise and Moisture Loss in Refuge Alternatives for Underground Coal Mines
- A Study of Heat Stress Exposures and Interventions for Mine Rescue Workers