Mining Feature: Announcing 2018 NORA Mining Hearing Loss Webinar
Friday, October 5, 2018
A NORA Mining Hearing Loss Webinar will be presented on November 1, 2018, at 1 p.m. EDT.
Topics will include information on the effects of hazardous noise on hearing and other health issues and the many available noise control and hearing loss prevention resources.
For more information and to register to attend, see the NORA Mining Sector Council Meetings page.
- Development and Evaluation of a Urethane Jacketed Tail Roller for Continuous Mining Machines
- Noise and Hearing Protection: Development of Two Training Exercises for Drillers
- Noise Exposure in Longwall Mining and Engineering Controls Research
- Noise Source Identification on a Continuous Mining Machine
- Noise Source Identification on a Horizontal Vibrating Screen
- Snapshot of Noise and Worker Exposures in Sand and Gravel Operations
- A Technique for Estimating the Sound Power Level Radiated by Pneumatic Rock Drills and the Evaluation of a CSIR Prototype Rock Drill with Engineering Noise Controls
- Water Well Safety Bits: Health And Safety Information For The Water Well Industry
- What Does a Hearing Loss Sound Like?
- Working in Noise with a Hearing Loss: Perceptions from Workers, Supervisors, and Hearing Conservation Program Managers