Study Syllabus for Classification of Radiographs of Pneumoconioses
Before getting started, please review the following information, which is designed to help you navigate the material as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The self-study syllabus provides an overview of the Clinical and Pathologic Basis of selected Occupational Lung Diseases and sets of radiographs with explanations and answer keys as outlined below.
Accurate classification of findings mandates careful review of digitally acquired DICOM images and their comparisons with the ILO Standard Reference Images. Please follow the instructions below before you begin:
- Install NIOSH BViewer software
- Install ILO Standard Images
- Download the NIOSH B Reader Syllabus Radiographs (DICOM)and extract images to a folder on your computer.
- Open BViewer and enter basic setup information (i.e. Name, initials)
Please note that the User name and password is case sensitive, but is not required.
- Import the syllabus images from the folder that you created in step 3.
Note: Other DICOM image viewers can be used to study and view the NIOSH syllabus and ILO standard radiographs. For example, the Dornheim DICOM Viewer can be downloaded for Apple iOS. The RadiANT DICOM Viewer and Micro DICOM are among many viewers that can be used for Microsoft Windows. NIOSH does not offer support for other viewing software.