Health Hazard Evaluations (HHEs)
Each month we will update this page to highlight newly released final reports and information on new and emerging hazards we are evaluating. Check back often to see what we are up to!
- Eye Protection Recommendations Provided to a Steel Building Materials Manufacturer
HHE Program investigators measured visible and ultraviolet light levels above safe limits for unprotected eyes during plasma arc cutting. We recommended the company modify the welding curtain to further reduce or eliminate accidental viewing of the plasma arc, and recommended employees wear specific shades of welding eye protection depending on the plasma arc cutting task and amperages. To read the full report go to https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hhe/reports/pdfs/2016-0027-3260.pdf.
- 2015 Health Hazard Evaluation Program Annual Report
The NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation (HHE) Program is pleased to share its 2015 annual report. Our report includes summaries of projects that were interesting and other highlights of our year. We hope the report stimulates conversations about who the HHE Program is and how we make a difference for the health and safety of employees throughout the United States. A link to the annual report is available here: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hhe/pdf/2015annualreport-508.pdf
- Page last reviewed: June 11, 2014
- Page last updated: January 6, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluation, and Field Studies