New NIOSH Occupational Medicine Rotation Application Process
*We only accept six residents per year
NIOSH staff conducting wipe sampling to measure a firefighter’s exposure to soot
Hospital nurse undergoing puncture skin testing for sensitivity to a new high-level disinfectant
Rotation Application Portal
- All rotation applications will be submitted via the new Rotation Application Portal which will only be open July 1, 2019 – September 1, 2019
- The portal will require applicants to complete all items listed below before it will allow submission of the application:
- Applicant’s basic contact information
- Preferred three rotation months in ranked order
- Name of applicant’s residency program and program director along with their contact information
- Applicant’s statement of interest (300 word maximum)
- This statement should address how the NIOSH Occupational Medicine Rotation will complement your previous training and experience in occupational medicine, and/or discuss how this rotation will help you achieve your career goals following completion of your residency.
- Upload the following documents in either .doc or .pdf file format:
- Applicant’s CV
- Statement of residency program director’s approval
- This statement from the program director should affirm that the applicant is/will be a resident in their program during the year the rotation is being requested. The statement should also indicate that the applicant has the program director’s permission to complete the rotation in any of the three months the applicant has listed as being their preferred rotation months.