Handle Laundry Safely (Correctional Facilities)
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2013-122
- Put wet or soiled laundry in a plastic bag while wearing gloves.
- Wear gloves while handling all dirty laundry.
- Wash your hands after removing gloves.
How to do laundry
- Use the warmest water recommended on detergent and clothing labels.
- Laundry may not get clean if the washer is packed too full of clothes.
- Machine dry completely.
Page last reviewed: June 6, 2014
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health