NIOSH 50th Anniversary
2021 marks the 50th anniversary of NIOSH. Created by the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act of 1970, NIOSH was established as a separate and independent research program to create objective scientific research findings in the field of occupational safety and health.
NIOSH will be recognizing this important milestone through various channels throughout the year and posting links to them below.
NIOSH Update: NIOSH Celebrates 50 Years
2021 NIOSH Bibliography
Each year the NIOSH Bibliography highlights the institute’s accomplishments of the prior year. The 2021 edition however, also celebrates NIOSH’s progress over the first 50 years, from its publication of the NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards and evaluations of firefighter and other worker deaths to its administration of the World Trade Center Health Program and support of responder and workforce safety in crises such as the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Ebola outbreak, and COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bureau of Medical Servicesexternal icon
- Butler Buildingexternal icon
- Division of Global Migration and Quarantineexternal icon
- List of U.S. Marine Hospitalsexternal icon
- Olive Whitlock Klumpexternal icon
- Richards Buildingexternal icon
- Temporary Buildings of the National Mallexternal icon
- United States Marine Hospital (Cincinnati)external icon
- United States Marin Hospital (Pittsburgh)external icon
- United States Public Health Service reorganizations of 1966–1973external icon