NIOSH 50th Anniversary
2021 marks the 50th anniversary of NIOSH. Created by the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act of 1970, NIOSH was established as a separate and independent research program to create objective scientific research findings in the field of occupational safety and health.
NIOSH will be recognizing this important milestone through various channels throughout the year and posting links to them below.
As part of the 50th anniversary, NIOSH is creating Wikipedia articles on PHS and NIOSH history topics.
- Bureau of Medical Servicesexternal icon
- Butler Buildingexternal icon
- Division of Global Migration and Quarantineexternal icon
- List of U.S. Marine Hospitalsexternal icon
- Olive Whitlock Klumpexternal icon
- Richards Buildingexternal icon
- United States Marine Hospital (Cincinnati)external icon
- United States Public Health Service reorganizations of 1966–1973external icon