National Survey of Family Growth
The National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) gathers information on family life, marriage and divorce, pregnancy, infertility, use of contraception, and men’s and women’s health. The survey results are used by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and others to plan health services and health education programs, and to do statistical studies of families, fertility, and health. Links to some of those studies are included on this web site, under “Publications and Information Products.”
Have you been selected to take part in the National Survey of Family Growth? Answers to some frequently asked questions can be found here.
- 2017-2019 NSFG Public Use Data Files(10/2020)
- Current Contraceptive Status Among Women Aged 15–49: United States, 2017–2019 (10/2020)
- Trends and Patterns in Menarche in the United States:1995 through 2013–2017 pdf icon[PDF – 366 KB] (9/2020)
- Sexual Activity and Contraceptive Use Among Teenagers Aged 15–19 in the United States, 2015–2017 (5/2020)
- Demographic, Health Care, and Fertility-related Characteristics of Adults Aged 18–44 Who Have Ever Been in Foster Care: United States, 2011–2017 pdf icon[PDF – 374 KB] (1/2020)