National Center for Health Statistics
The NCHS Data Detectives Camp is a one week 2 hours a day summer camp that teaches statistics to rising 6th and 7th grade students through on-line lectures and fun activities.
NCHS and AcademyHealth forged an innovative partnership to promote use of NCHS data, asking contestants to create interactive data visualizations using tables from Health, United States. The winning teams from Johns Hopkins University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison will attend the 2022 Health Datapalooza and National Health Policy Conferenceexternal icon.
Learn more hereexternal icon.
An overview of surveys and programs administered by the National Center for Health Statistics that have been completed.
Partnerships & Collaboration
Data Analysis Aids
- Births: Provisional Data for 2021pdf iconNVSS Rapid Release No. 20 (5/23/2022)
- Eligibility Rate Differences Among Residential Care Communities: 2010 National Survey of Residential Care Facilities and 2012–2018 National Study of Long-Term Care Providerpdf iconSeries 2, No. 192 (5/23/2022)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2017–March 2020 Prepandemic File: Sample Design, Estimation, and Analytic Guidelinespdf iconSeries 2, No. 190 (5/16/2022)
- Wireless Substitution: Early Release of Estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, July-December 2021pdf icon(5/16/2022)
- Telemedicine Use in Children Aged 0–17 Years: United States, July–December 2020pdf iconNHSR No. 170 (5/10/2022)
- Post-acute and Long-term Care Providers and Services Users in the United States, 2017–2018pdf iconSeries 3, No. 147 (5/9/2022)
The number of births in the United States increased for the first time in seven years during 2021.
Growth Charts, Where to Write for Vital Records, Health US...
Resources for individuals asked to take part in a survey...
NCHS Pressroom resources including calendar of releases...