Transfusion Complications Monitoring Publications
Find a list of recent peer-reviewed articles, reports, and publications on topics related to blood transfusions in sickle cell disease and thalassemia.
- Fasano RM, Branscomb J, Lane PA, Josephson CD, Snyder AB, Eckman JR. Transfusion service knowledge and immunohaematological practices related to sickle cell disease and thalassemiaexternal icon Transfus Med. 2019 Feb 10.
- Spratling R, Lawrence RH. Facilitators and Barriers to Minority Blood Donations: A Systematic Reviewexternal icon Nurs Res. 2019 Mar 1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yee MEM, Meyer EK, Fasano, RM, Lane PA, Josephson CD, Brega AG. Health literacy and knowledge of chronic transfusion therapy in adolescents with sickle cell disease and caregiversexternal icon. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2019 Apr [Epub ahead of print]
- Lal A, Wong TE, Andrews J, Balasa VV, Chung JH, Forester CM, et al. Transfusion practices and complications in thalassemiaexternal icon. Transfusion 2018 Sep 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- Singleton A, Spratling R. A strategic planning tool for increasing African American blood donationexternal icon. Health Promot Pract. 2018 May. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mainous AG 3rd, Carek PJ, Lynch K, Tanner RJ, Hulihan MM, Baskin J, et al. Effectiveness of clinical decision support based intervention in the improvement of care for adult sickle cell disease patients in primary careexternal icon. J Am Board Fam Med. 2018;31(5):812-816.
- Fasano RM, Meyer EK, Branscomb J, White MS, Gibson RW, Eckman JR. Impact of red blood cell antigen matching on alloimmunization and transfusion complications in patients with sickle cell disease: A systematic review.external icon Transfus Med Rev. 2018 Jul 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yee MEM, Josephson CD, Winkler AM, Webb J, Luban NLC, Leong T, et al. Hemoglobin A clearance in children with sickle cell anemia on chronic transfusion therapyexternal icon. Transfusion 2018;58(6):1363-1371.
- Yee MEM, Josephson CD, Winkler AM, Webb J, Luban NLC, Leong T, et al. Red blood cell minor antigen mismatches during chronic transfusion therapy for sickle cell anemiaexternal icon. Transfusion 2017;57(11):2738-2746.
Page last reviewed: May 2, 2019
Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention