Newborn Screening and Genetics – Hemoglobinopathies Project Webinars
The Newborn Screening and Genetics – Hemoglobinopathies Project has hosted webinars with screening experts and partners from newborn screening programs (NBS) across the United States. These webinars are free and open to the public.
To access the webinars below, click on links.
- Hemoglobinopathies: Current Practices for Screening, Confirmation, and Follow Up
A training webinar series created to complement the best practices document, Hemoglobinopathies: Current Practices for Screening, Confirmation and Follow Up.
- Module 1: Introduction, History, and Specimen Collectionexternal icon
- Module 2a: Hemoglobinopathy Screening Methods: Isoelectric Focusing (IEF), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)external icon
- Module 2b: Molecular Methods, Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Overall Method Advantages and Limitationsexternal icon
- Module 3: Screening and Reporting Algorithms, Quality Assurance, Follow Upexternal icon
- Thalassemia: Newborn Screening in the United States
This two-part webinar series is designed for medical professionals who are, or may be, responsible for screening, diagnosing, and treating hemoglobinopathies.
- Module 1: Alpha Thalassemia: Clinical Aspects
- Modules 2: Alpha Thalassemia Newborn Screening in the United States