Disability & Health Fact Sheets
CDC’s Disability and Health Data System (DHDS) pdf icon[PDF – 485 KB]
This fact sheet provides an overview of DHDS, an online data tool where you can find information about the health and wellness of adults with disabilities.
These fact sheets detail the higher risk of obesity that people with disabilities experience, and also strategies to help reduce the risk of obesity in people with disabilities.
- Overweight and Obesity Among People with Disabilities pdf icon[PDF – 489 KB]
- Achieving Healthy Weight and Obesity Prevention pdf icon[PDF – 232 KB]
- Health Department Strategies pdf icon[PDF – 336 KB]
- Healthy Weight and Obesity Prevention in the Workplace pdf icon[PDF – 341 KB]
- Healthy Weight and Obesity Prevention in Schools pdf icon[PDF – 237 KB]
- What Healthcare Professionals Can Do to be Accessible pdf icon[PDF – 223 KB]
“The Right to Know” Campaign
CDC’s breast cancer screening campaign for women with disabilities. Materials include posters, tip sheets, flyers, and more.
Tips for Communicating with Female Patients with Intellectual Disabilities (ID)
This fact sheet provides tips that health care providers can use in educating female patients with ID and their caregivers about sexual and reproductive health topics.