Disability Impacts All of Us
- Courtney-Long EA, Carroll DD, Zhang Q, et al. Prevalence of Disability and Disability Type among Adults, United States – 2013. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2015; 64: 777-783.
- Anderson WL, Armour BS, Finkelstein EA, Wiener JM. Estimates of State-Level Health-Care Expenditures Associated with Disability. 2010 Public Health Rep2010;125:44–51.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Disability and Health Data System (DHDS) [Internet]. [updated 2014 November 13; cited year month date]. Available from: http://dhds.cdc.gov
- Carroll DD, Courtney-Long EA, Stevens AC, et al. Vital Signs: Disability and Physical Activity — United States, 2009–2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2014;63:407–13.
Report Limitation: Currently, the BRFSS does not assess deafness or serious difficulty hearing. Therefore data on the number of people who have hearing difficulties at the state level was not collected. This results in a likely underestimate of the total number of people with disabilities in the U.S. presented in this report.
- Page last reviewed: September 14, 2015
- Page last updated: September 14, 2015
- Content source: