Making a Difference Across the Lifespan – NCBDDD Infographic
Making a Difference Across the Lifespan
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- Through surveillance, research, and prevention of birth defects and infant disorders.
- 4½ Every minutes a baby is born with a birth defect.
- NCBDDD detects and responds to emerging health threats to mothers and babies.
- Live to the fullest by understanding developmental disabilities.
- 1 in 36 have autism spectrum disorder.
- NCBDDD promotes developmental monitoring of all young children to improve early identification of autism and other developmental disabilities.
- And preventing complications of blood disorders.
- 1 in 10 with a blood clot will die if it moves to the lungs. Stop the Clot, Spread the Word™*.
- NCBDDD raises awareness of the signs, symptoms, and risks of deadly blood clots.
- Of people with disabilities.
- 1 in 4 adults has some kind of disability.
- NCBDDD informs data-driven practices through state and national disability and health programs.
*Stop the Clot, Spread the Word TM is a public education campaign made possible by funding provided to the National Blood Clot Alliance.
The National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) promotes health and enhances the potential for full, productive living throughout the lifespan.
We protect those who are most vulnerable to health problems — babies, children, people with blood disorders, and people with disabilities. But we can do more.