Make a Healthy Splash!
Title: Make a Healthy Splash!
Germs can get into the water from poop or when they rinse off a person’s body or splash pad surfaces. Swallowing water containing germs can make you sick with diarrhea.
- Sprayed water typically gets drained, filtered, and disinfected before being sprayed again.
- Chlorine kills most germs within a few minutes, not instantly
- Swim diapers don’t stop germs, poop, or pee from getting in the water.
Keep pee and poop OUT of the water.
- Stay out of the water if you have diarrhea.
- Shower before getting in the water.
- Take kids on bathroom breaks or check diapers every hour.
- Swallow the water.
- Poop or pee in the water.
- Sit or stand on the jets. Sitting or standing on jets can rinse poop off your butt.