Community Wastewater Systems
For information about the basics of municipal wastewater treatment plants and disinfection processes, see the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Primer for Municipal Wastewater Treatment Systems. [PDF - 30 pages]
Other documents to help public wastewater utility facilities with planning, training, and responding to emergency incidents include:
- EPA. Emergency Response for Drinking Water and Wastewater Utilities.
- National Environmental Services Center. Wastewater and Onsite Systems.
- Water Environment Research Foundation. Emergency Response Plan Guidance for Wastewater Systems.
- National Environmental Services Center. Basic Wastewater Characteristics. [PDF - 8 pages]
- Page last reviewed: January 23, 2016
- Page last updated: January 23, 2016
- Content source: