IFSAC’s Strategic Plan for 2017–2021 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 12 pages] outlines goals and objectives for the five-year period.
- Enhance the collection and quality of relevant source data
- Enhance the use of existing regulatory and foodborne illness surveillance data sources
- Incorporate genomic data and other novel data sources
- Explore ways to address key gaps in data quality, methods and models
- Develop new analytic approaches and models to maximize use of already available data
- Expand the availability of technical and scientific expertise through collaboration with internal and external partners
- Enhance relationships and engagement with both internal and external groups
- Improve the synthesis, interpretation and dissemination of analytical findings for multiple audiences
The IFSAC Action Plan Cdc-pdf[PDF – 5 pages] describes ongoing, new, and potential future projects that support the implementation of the 2017–2021 Strategic Plan.
IFSAC identified four priority pathogens as the initial focus of projects:
Previous IFSAC Strategic Plan
IFSAC’s Overview of Accomplishments for 2012–2016 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 16 pages] describes IFSAC’s progress on completing goals and objectives highlighted in the 2012–2016 Strategic Plan Cdc-pdf[PDF – 10 pages].