The IFSAC Strategic Plan [PDF - 12 pages] outlines goals and objectives for the five-year time period from 2017 through 2021.
- Enhance the collection and quality of relevant source data
- Enhance the use of existing regulatory and foodborne illness surveillance data sources
- Incorporate genomic data and other novel data sources
- Explore ways to address key gaps in data quality, methods and models
- Develop new analytic approaches and models to maximize use of already available data
- Expand the availability of technical and scientific expertise through collaboration with internal and external partners
- Enhance relationships and engagement with both internal and external groups
- Improve the synthesis, interpretation and dissemination of analytical findings for multiple audiences
IFSAC identified four priority pathogens as the initial focus of projects:
Previous IFSAC Strategic Plans
The above strategic plan represents an update to IFSAC’s 2012-2016 Strategic Plan [PDF - 16 pages].
- Page last reviewed: October 24, 2014
- Page last updated: March 15, 2017
- Content source: