- Address the challenges posed by foodborne illness source attribution.
- Work collectively to:
- Analyze and interpret human surveillance and food contamination data;
- Share data and methods; and
- Monitor progress toward the goal of preventing foodborne illness.
- Identify, plan, and conduct selected food safety and foodborne illness analytic projects recognized as high priority by all three agencies.
- Foodborne illness source attribution is the current focus of IFSAC’s activities.
- Improve coordination of federal food safety analytic efforts.
- Address cross-cutting priorities for food safety data collection, analysis, and use.
To learn more about IFSAC, contact us at IFSAC@fda.hhs.gov.
Page last reviewed: July 9, 2018