Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health (ABRWH)

Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health (ABRWH)
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health

Designated Federal Officer – Rashaun Roberts, Ph.D.

Section 4(b) of Executive Order 13179 establishes that the Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health shall provide advice to the Secretary, HHS on (I) the development of guidelines to assess the likelihood that an individual with cancer sustained the cancer in the performance of duty at a DOE or an Atomic Weapons Employer (AWE) facility, and methods for arriving at and providing reasonable estimates of the radiation doses received by individuals applying for assistance under this program for whom there are inadequate records of radiation exposure; (2) the scientific validity and quality of dose reconstruction efforts performed for this program; and (3) upon request by the Secretary, HHS, whether there is a class of employees at any DOE or A WE facility who were exposed to radiation but for whom it is not feasible to estimate their radiation dose, and on whether there is reasonable likelihood that such radiation dose may have endangered the health of members of the class.

Committee Information

Federal Register Notices

The National Archives Office of the Federal Register provides access to all Federal Register Notices (FRNs). You can visit the Federal Register site to search for any FRN for this Federal Advisory Committee.

If you need assistance locating a specific FRN, please contact

Meeting Minutes

The meeting minutes for this committee can be found on the Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health website.

Section 508 Accessibility
If you have any difficulty accessing and viewing downloadable files on this website, please contact and mention the name of the file so that we can assist you.

Requesting Additional FAC Records
The FAC team internally maintains additional records. If you are looking for records not on this site, including older records or records related to an inactive committee, please contact with details on the record you are looking for so that we can assist you.