Prepare Application Information
- Review eligibility
- Identify the set rotations that you can commit to.
- You must be available to complete the entire rotation. Requests for date changes and exceptions will not be considered. When applying, you should select your availability for each of the rotation periods. Please make the appropriate arrangements prior to submitting your application.
- Update your CV and have the following information ready for application prompts: contact information; undergraduate and graduate education; post-graduate training and skills; work and volunteer experience; publications, presentations, grants, and honors and awards.
- Write your personal statement (in essay form) by answering these questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Epidemiology Elective Program?
- How do you anticipate using the concepts learned in the Epidemiology Elective Program?
- What are your career plans after your medical or veterinary school training?
- Identify two people to write letters of recommendation on your behalf, following the guidelines in the next section.
- Obtain a signed Academic Endorsementpdf icon from the student affairs office at your medical or veterinary school following the guidelines in the next section.
The following application materials should be uploaded as attachments to your online application by the application deadline.
To prepare and submit your letter of recommendation:
- Letter should be written in English and placed on official letterhead, signed and dated within six months of application submission
- Scan and save the letter as a PDF file
- Once you have received the system-generated email from email@example.com, click on the link provided to upload your PDF version of the letter
- You will see an on-screen notification confirming the upload was successful.
- Applicants may check submission status through the online application portal, but they will not be able to see the content of your letter
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Please do not submit more than two letters of recommendation.
- Select individuals who are familiar with your academic achievements, aspirations, personal qualities, and professional attributes and who have worked with you in the last two years.
- At least 1 letter must be from a faculty member of your current medical or veterinary school.
- Provide recommendation writers with the Instructions for Recommendation Writers pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages].
- Download the Academic Endorsementpdf icon[PDF – 1 page].
- Have the form completed and signed by the student affairs office at your medical or veterinary school.
- Upload within the online application by the deadline.