Prepare Application Information
The application period for EEP 2024 rotation is open now through March 31, 2023.
- Review eligibility
- Identify the set rotation periods that you can commit to participating. Please make the appropriate arrangements prior to submitting your application.
- You must be available to complete the set rotation period. Requests for date changes and exceptions will not be considered. When applying, you should select your availability for each of the set rotation periods, as well as topic or subject area interests, project interests, and location preferences. Note that you may not participate in any other elective rotation during the dates of your assigned EEP rotation.
- During the first 3 days of each set rotation period, students participate in an in-person orientation training at CDC Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. Students placed in non-Atlanta sites will be traveled in by the EEP program to participate.
- Update your CV and have the following information ready for application prompts: contact information; undergraduate and graduate education; post-graduate training and skills; work and volunteer experience; publications, presentations, grants, and honors and awards.
- Prepare answers to the following questions:
- What influenced you to consider a career in public health service?
- Describe how this program will help you achieve your goals.
- For re-applicants: When did you apply and what has changed since your last application?
- Identify two people to complete the recommendation form on your behalf, following the guidelines in the next section.
- Obtain a signed Academic Endorsement [746 KB, 1 Page] from the student affairs office at your medical or veterinary school following the guidelines in the next section.
The following application materials should be uploaded as attachments to your online application by the application deadline.
To prepare and submit your recommendation forms:
- You should receive an email with instructions and a link to the recommendation form.
- Fill out the questionnaire. Responses must be in English. You must use the link in the email to access the form.
- After submitting the form, you will see an on-screen notification confirming that your submission was successful.
- Applicants may check submission status through the online application portal, but they will not be able to see the content of your letter of recommendation.
- Two recommendation forms are required. Please do not submit more than two recommendation writers’ names into the application system.
- Select individuals who are familiar with your academic achievements, aspirations, personal qualities, and professional attributes and who have worked with you in the last two years.
- Keep in mind that recommendation writers will be completing a form and not uploading their own recommendation letter.
- At least 1 recommendation writer must be a faculty member of your current medical or veterinary school.
- Provide recommendation writers with the Instructions for Recommendation Writers [139 KB, 1 Page].
- Download the Academic Endorsement [746 KB, 1 Page].
- Have the form completed and signed by the student affairs office at your medical or veterinary school.
- Upload within the online application by the deadline.