Road to Health Toolkit in Spanish (Kit El camino hacia la buena salud)
Designed for Hispanics and Latinos at risk for type 2 diabetes, the Road to Health Toolkit in Spanish (Kit El camino hacia la buena salud) provides materials to start community outreach programs to help people prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. The Road to Health Training Guide (available in English and Spanish) and the bilingual Road to Health Training Video were developed to use with the toolkit in “train-the-trainer” workshops.
- Poster: City of Excuses (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 1M]
- Poster: A Future Without Type 2 Diabetes (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 682K]
- Poster: Step By Step (Floor Version – Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 864K]
- Poster: Step By Step (Wall Version – Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 804K]
- Poster: Traffic Light Method (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 2M]
- Quiz: Barriers to Being Active (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 74K]
Training Guide (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 2M]
The Road to Health Training Guide is designed for people who develop or offer “train-the-trainer” workshops and for community health workers who work with people who are Hispanic and Latino, African American or of African ancestry. Other health care professionals, diabetes educators, health educators, nurses, dietitians, and community educators can also be trained or provide training to others by using the Road to Health Toolkit. Use this guide with the training video and booklets; they are complementary resources.
Evaluation Guide (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 1M]
The Road to Health Toolkit Evaluation Guide helps community health workers (CHWs), diabetes educators, and other health educators assess (1) how well they have conducted their educational activities using the toolkit, (2) how their activities are making a difference in the lives of their participants who are at risk of type 2 diabetes, and (3) how they can improve their program.