High Blood Pressure Educational Materials for Patients
Know the Facts About High Blood Pressure
This full-color, easy-to-read handout describes the risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of high blood pressure.
- African American Heart Disease and Stroke
- American Indian and Alaska Native Heart Disease and Stroke
- Aortic Aneurysm
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure and Pregnancy
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- The Stroke and Heart Attack Prevention Program (SHAPP)
The following Web sites include government health links and resources about high blood pressure—
- American Heart Association: High Blood Pressure
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute: What Is High Blood Pressure?
Tools to Help Control Hypertension
Hispanic populations have low control rates for hypertension, a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Also, they have high prevalence of high blood cholesterol, and their diets often are high in salt and saturated fats. Reaching these audiences with effective messages about prevention can be challenging.
- Page last reviewed: May 16, 2018
- Page last updated: May 16, 2018
- Content source: