High Blood Pressure Journal Articles
- George MG, Tong X, Wigington C, Gillespie C, Hong Y. Hypertension screening in children and adolescents—National Ambulatory Medical Care survey, National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care survey, and Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, United States, 2007-2010. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2014 September;63(Suppl 2):47-53.
- Cosgrove, S, Moore-Monroy, M, Jenkins, Castillo, S, Williams, C, Parris, E, Tran, J, Rivera, M, Brownstein, J. Community Health Workers as an Integral Strategy in the REACH U.S. Program to Eliminate Health InequitiesExternal. Health Promotion Practice. 2014 July;15(6):795-802.
- King SC, Pollack LA, Li J, King J, Master V. Continued Increase in Incidence of Renal Cell Carcinoma, Especially in Young Patients and High Grade Disease: United States 2001-2010External. The Journal of Urology. 2014 June;191(6):1665–1670.
- Li J, Weir HK, Jim MA, King SM, Wilson R, Master V. Kidney Cancer Incidence and Mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1990-2009External. American Journal of Public Health. 2014 Jun;104(S3):S396-S403.
- Fang J, Yang Q, Ayala C, Loustalot F. Disparities in access to care among US adults with self-reported hypertensionExternal. American Journal of Hypertension. 2014 May; 27(11):1377-86.doi: 10.1093/ajh/hpu061.
- Go AS, Bauman MA, Coleman King SM, Fonarow GC, Lawrence W, Williams KA, Sanchez E. An effective approach to high blood pressure control: a science advisory from the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionExternal. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2014 May;63(12) and published in Hypertension, 2014;63(4):878-885.
- Patel MM, Datu B, Roman D, Barton MB, Ritchey MD, Wall H, Loustalot F. Progress of health plans toward meeting the Million Hearts clinical target for high blood pressure control — United States, 2010–2012. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2014 Feb;63(06):127-130.
- Will JC, Nwaise IA, Schieb L, Zhong Y. Geographic and racial patterns of preventable hospitalizations for hypertension: medicare beneficiaries, 2004-2009External. Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan-Feb;129(1):8-18.
- Frieden TR, King SM, Wright JS. Protocol-based treatment of hypertension: a critical step on the pathway to progressExternal. JAMA. 2014 Jan;311(1):21-22.
- Zhang Z, Cogswell ME, Gillespie C, Fang J, Loustalot F, Dai S, Carriquiry AL, Kuklina EV, Hong Y, Merritt R, Yang Q. Association between Usual Sodium and Potassium Intake and Blood Pressure and Hypertension among U.S. Adults: NHANES 2005-2010External. PLoS One. 2013 Oct;8(10):e75289. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0075289.
Page last reviewed: December 30, 2014