Organizations that Support ALS Patients and Caregivers
National ALS Registry Partners:
- ALS Association:external icon the largest, national non-profit organization dedicated to ALS by providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers.
- MDA ALS:external icon supports muscular dystrophy and related life-threatening diseases such as ALS through its national network of clinics.
- Les Turner ALS Foundation:external icon provides comprehensive ALS care and support services in the Chicagoland area and at Northwestern Medicine.
- Northeast Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Consortium (NEALS):external icon supports ALS research and clinical trials through its network of ALS partners.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH):external icon National Institute of Aging (NIA) partners with the Registry to provide research support in the area of genetic analyses of specimens from the National ALS Biorepository.
- CReATe:external icon goal of the Clinical Research in ALS and Related Disorders for Therapeutic Development (CReATe) Consortium is to advance therapeutic development for sporadic and familial forms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
ALS Informational Sites:
- ALS Clinical Trials:external icon find ALS clinical trials approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- I AM ALS:external icon patient-led community that provides critical support and resources to patients, caregivers and loved ones.