ACD Meeting Information
The re-established ACD holds meetings each year at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia to recommend ways to prioritize CDC’s activities, improve results, and address health disparities. It also provides guidance to help CDC work more effectively with its various private and public sector constituents to make health protection a practical reality. Meetings are open to the public and available online via live webcast.
When: May 3, 2022 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: May 2022 Advisory Committee to the Director Webinar
ACD Meeting Registration
Registration is not required to watch ACD Meeting webcasts.
Rules of Conduct for ACD Meetings
- An interested person who wishes to make an oral public comment during an ACD meeting should submit a request with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) before the meeting according to the instructions in the Federal Register Notice. Those who have not submitted a request before the meeting will only have an opportunity to speak as time permits or at the discretion of the chair.
- Audience members may not present comments or questions to the Committee unless recognized by the Chair.
- Attendees may be subject to security screening, such as presenting identification, passing through metal detectors, and inspection of briefcases, packages, and so on.
- Attendees at the meeting are asked to maintain order and not display behavior that is disruptive to the meeting.
- The ACD Chair or Designated Federal Officer will note on the record any disruptive behavior and will ask the person to cease the behavior or else leave the meeting room.
- We ask that attendees not approach the ACD table area before, during, or after the meeting without permission from a Designated Federal Officer.
Public engagement and input are vital to ACD’s work. Members of the public are invited to submit comments to ACD in two ways: (1) written comments submitted via regulations.gov, and/or (2) in-person oral public comment at ACD meetings.
How to Submit a Written Public Comment
Any member of the public can submit a written public comment to ACD. Written comments must be received by May 3, 2022 for the next ACD Meeting, identified by Docket No. CDC-2002-0046 using the Federal eRulemaking Portalexternal icon. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. All submissions received must include the agency name and Docket Number.
All relevant comments received will be posted without change to http://regulations.govexternal icon, including any personal information provided. For access to the docket or to read background documents or comments received, go to http://www.regulations.govexternal icon.
How to Request to Make an Oral Public Comment
The next ACD meeting will be a virtual meeting and will include time for oral public comment for members of the public. All individuals interested in making an oral public comment are strongly encouraged to submit a request no later than April 22, 2022 as there will be no opportunity to register for oral public comment later than April 22, 2022.
If the number of persons requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled time, CDC will conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled public comment session.
CDC staff will notify individuals regarding their request to speak by email April 26, 2022. To accommodate the significant interest in participation in the oral public comment session of ACD meetings, each speaker will be limited to 3 minutes, and each speaker may only speak once per meeting.
Requests to Make an Oral Public Comment is OPEN
Oral Public Comment for May 3, 2022 Meeting
The May 3, 2022 ACD meeting will be a virtual meeting and will include time for oral public comment for members of the public.
If the number of people requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the time scheduled for oral public comment, CDC may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers. CDC staff will notify individuals regarding their request to speak via email by April 26, 2022.
To accommodate the significant interest in participation in the oral public comment session of ACD meetings, each speaker will be limited to 3 minutes, and each speaker may only speak once per meeting. Interested persons who are unable to make an oral public comment during this meeting are invited to submit a written comment.
Zoom Link Information
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: May 3, 2022, 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: May Advisory Committee to the Director Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
+16692545252,,1610244214#,,,,*43822291# US (San Jose)
+16468287666,,1610244214#,,,,*43822291# US (New York)
Or join by phone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 254 5252 or +1 646 828 7666 or +1 551 285 1373 or +1 669 216 1590
Webinar ID: 161 024 4214
International numbers available: https://cdc.zoomgov.com/u/aeqQMOjv5Yexternal iconexternal icon
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
H.323: 18.104.22.168 (US West) or 22.214.171.124 (US East)
Webinar ID: 161 024 4214
February 1, 2022 – completed
May 3, 2022
August 2, 2022