What we know
- No vaccine exists to prevent Zika.
- Prevent Zika by avoiding mosquito bites.
- Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus bite during the day and night.
- Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus also spread dengue and chikungunya viruses.
- Zika can be passed through sex from a person who has Zika to his or her sex partners. Condoms can reduce the chance of getting Zika from sex. Condoms include male and female condoms.
- Local mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission has been reported in two areas of Miami. Learn more.
What you can do to protect yourself and others
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2015
- Page last updated: August 31, 2016
- Content source: