Areas with Zika
- Local mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission has been reported in two areas of Miami, FL.
- Local mosquito-borne transmission of Zika virus has been reported in three US territories.
- Zika virus outbreaks are occurring in multiple countries. See CDC’s Travelers’ Health website for Zika travel information.
Blood and Tissue Collection Community
Areas of active transmission for blood and tissue safety intervention
Local mosquito-borne transmission
Local mosquito populations infected with Zika virus can transmit it to humans. “What is Local Transmission?” [PDF - 1 page]
Travel-associated transmission (imported case)
Infection associated with travel to an area with local mosquito-borne transmission.
See “What is an imported case?” [PDF - 1 page]
- Page last reviewed: August 22, 2016
- Page last updated: August 22, 2016
- Content source: