Health Education Resources
Public Service Announcements
PSAs are available for free use and download.
- The Buzz About West Nile Virus PSA (:15)
- The Buzz About West Nile Virus PSA (:30)
- Kidtastics: The Buzz-z-z on West Nile Virus (2:10)
- ¿Ha oído hablar del West Nile Virus? - PSA (:30)
- Kidtastics: Lo que dicen del virus del Nilo Occidental (2:41)
American Society of Microbiology
FAQ: West Nile Virus, July 2013
- Where does the virus come from? How is it spread?
- Can we predict when and where outbreaks will occur?
- What factors determine how sick a person will become if they are infected with West Nile virus?
To help answer the many questions people have about this multi-faceted virus, the American Academy of Microbiology has issued a new report entitled FAQ: West Nile Virus.
Video: Microbes After Hours
Published on May 7, 2013
2012 saw a surge of West Nile Virus infections, particularly in the central United States. What exactly is West Nile Virus and why do outbreaks occur?
Watch the video in a new window.