Timeline of Major DCAS Events for 2002
Establishing the foundation for conducting dose reconstructions as required under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) has been an important and busy time for our Office. Major events of our dose reconstruction program for 2002 are listed below.
To locate an event, click on one of the months below. A list of events that occurred during that month will be displayed.
Major Events of 2002
- First meeting of the ABRWH was held in Washington, D.C.
- Final rule on the methods for dose reconstruction published in the Federal Register
- Final rule on the guidelines for determining the probability of causation published in the Federal Register
- First dose reconstruction report finalized and returned to DOL for a final decision
- First notice of proposed rulemaking on the procedures for designating classes of employees as members of the Special Exposure Cohort published in the Federal Register for public comment
- Public comment period for proposed rule on the procedures for designating classes of employees as members of the Special Exposure Cohort closed
- Dose reconstruction contract awarded to Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Begin adding 22 additional staff to dose reconstruction program
- Total number of claims received by the end of 2002: 10,158
- Division of Compensation Analysis and Support (DCAS)
- (513) 533-6800
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO