The listed documents provide guidance to professionals about methods for designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs. This guidance is intended for managers of programs that provide HIV-related services in clinical and non-clinical settings, including health departments; HIV planning groups; HIV policy makers; and other health professionals.
Security, Confidentiality, and Content
- Data security and confidentiality guidelines for HIV, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted disease, and tuberculosis programs: Standards to facilitate sharing and use of surveillance data for public health action, CDC 2011
- HIPAA privacy rule and public health: Guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. MMWR 2003
Collaboration and Coordination
- Health homes for enrollees with chronic conditions, CMS 2010
- Program collaboration and service integration: Enhancing the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis in the United States. CDC 2009.
- Recommendations for Case Management Collaboration and Coordination in Federally Funded HIV/AIDS Programs, CDC 2008.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health, MMWR 2009
- Partner Services Evaluation Field Guide (PSEFG), CDC 2010
Cultural Competence for service providers
- Page last reviewed: February 20, 2015
- Page last updated: April 21, 2015
- Content source: